The Practice has been accredited as a teaching practice for GP registrars and Medical Students. Dr Fitzpatrick and Dr Adams are the trainers for the Medical Students. We believe that the teaching activity within the practice, greatly stimulates the practice as a progressive learning organisation as well as a provider of good health care.
There is good access for the disabled to all of our consultation rooms. A designated parking bay is adjacent to the surgery entrance which now has automatic doors.
All GP Practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Oak Street Medical Practice in the last financial year was £71,047 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time GPs, 3 part time GPs and 3 salaried GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
Patient Participation Group
The patient participation group first met in August 2011. The purpose of the group is:
To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to, where possible, share decision making in the running of the practice.
- To provide for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice, and be an advocate for patient preferences when appropriate.
- To provide a means for practice staff to inform patients about the reality of running a General Practice.
- To involve further patients from the wider population, and be an advocate for the practice when appropriate.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport, and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
The group will be producing a newsletter to inform patients about news and changes within the Practice.
The group meets on the first Monday of each month at 3.00pm for 1 hour so if you would like to be a member of the group please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the PPG leaflet click here
To take a PPG survey, please click here